Saturday 13 October 2012

Bloggers Around The World - Germany - Round-up

One month ago we departed for our food journey around the world ... first stop Germany. What food was out there for us? Just see for yourself. 


Our first travel companion is Sarah from Sarah Cooks.




She delights us with Oma Frieda's Grießklößchen mit Kirschen (semolina dumplings with cherries). However, don't be fooled. This is not for pudding, but a complete meal. How? Why? You have to have a look to find out. Not only will you learn how to do this lovely dish at home, but you have the opportunity to peak into 'ancient' German writing. Have a try, whether you can read the script.
By the way, you will discover many more German dishes on Sarah's blog.


Next in the 'food truck' is Galina from Chez Maximka.


Here we are going fishy with Cod in mustard sauce. See, whether Galina can trust her cookbooks or the cookbooks can trust her!(?) Anyway, this fishy dish is for sure something delicious, isn't it? See for yourself! After all, fish is good for you.


Finally, the next one is Chris from Cooking Around ... wait ... that's me.


I brought you Kohlrouladen - cabbage roulade. Some nice meat wrapped in lovely cabbage. The time is ripe to have a try.

So far our trip to Germany. Around the world, German cuisine is not so well known. Bread and cake might be famous, but otherwise ... I hope we inspired you to have a try.

Let's go on then with our journey. What will our next stop be?



No, we are not visiting the phantom of the opera ...




... although we might get a little close to it.


Well, it's not just Paris, but the next stop is France. Yes, it's time to get to France. The French cuisine should give you endless opportunities to cook something lovely.
What about some lovely quiches or French pastry. Maybe you are even brave enough to try some macarons.



Well, my first try on macarons was not all that successful, but there is always the chance to try again.
Whatsoever, there are many more things you might try. I just mention terrine, roquefort, truffle, crêpes, duck confit, tarte tatin, and ...
You will for sure find something nice. So, get ready and cook with us around the world ... well, France!


Here the rules that you should keep in mind (or rather follow):

1. Leave a comment with a link to your post here in this very post.

2. Link to my blog and this challenge in your post.

3. Use the "Bloggers Around the World" badge.

4. You can use a new or an old post, but it has to be adjusted accordingly.

5. Have fun and enjoy it!
 

We are looking forward to what you come up with ...
I will post a round-up then at the 13th of November, before we go on with our journey ...

24 comments:

  1. Mmm.. that kohlrouladen looks great! Thank-you for organising Bloggers Around The World - it was fun taking part! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say thank you as well for taking part. I thought Bloggers Around The World would perfectly fit to the general concept of my blog. So I really like to keep it up.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea - this cooking around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your poor macarons! I'll try and make something, I seemed to have missed the start of your journey but will hitch a lift for the next leg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking around the world is such a wonderful idea, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad, you all like it. So I am looking forward to a growing number of travelling companions.
    Yes, Janice, I definitely have to improve my macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Mad About Macarons book by Jill Colonna turned my macarons from like yours to nearly perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought already about getting a book on macarons. Will keep that in mind.

      Delete
  7. Great theme Chris! It would be practically criminal not to participate!
    Thanks for hosting. Here is my contribution:
    http://howtobeagourmand.com/chocolat-fondant-with-balsamic-blueberries/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline! It's so nice of you not to be criminal. That recipe is particularly gorgeous and delicious. Now I have additional reminders to try it.

      Delete
  8. Hi Chris! What a great idea! I love going on trips :-) May I travel with you folks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally travelling in great crowds can lead to complications. This one wants to go there and see this and another one something else, but ...
      ... this doesn't apply here. It would be very wonderful, if you join us on our journey. The more the merrier! Looking forwards to hear/see from you!

      Delete
  9. As I said in my last comment, I was really sorry to not take part. I WANT to try making something German and chocolatey. Still France will be easier, especially as I already have something in mind. The thing about your macaroons is, if you made them perfectly first time around you'd never dare make them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I did it unknowingly right. That's good! Choclette, you always do so nice chocolaty recipes. Always very tempting. These days I have a quite good supply of chocolate at home and I have to restock, if it tends to go down.

      Delete
  10. I've just discovered this challenge and I'm going to enter my Tarte Tatin which was baked in France with my Mum :)

    http://bluekitchenbakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/tarte-tatin.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to have you on board, especially with a very yummy tarte tartin. Who could possibly resist!

      Delete
  11. Well, I never made it to Germany but I'm definitely willing to join in with a trip to the south of France. Here's my offering:
    http://asstrongassoup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/rousquilles.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There comes another yummy treat. That is very lovely, tres bien!

      Delete
  12. Hi Chris - just remembered I haven't let you know about my Bloggers Around the World Entry. Do I put it here?

    Blackcurrant & Rose Nonnettes - http://choclogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/blackcurrant-and-rose-nonnettes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Choclette, that is very lovely! That's the place, although somehow I noticed your entry already before that.

      Delete
  13. here's my entry, my mum's sole veronique:

    http://www.london-unattached.com/2012/10/5-2-diet-classic-sole-veronique/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your entry, Fiona! That takes us a bit beyond sweet things. That's good!

      Delete
  14. Hi Chris, here is my French yogurt cake.
    http://chezmaximka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/incy-wincy-halloweency-yogurt-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tres bien! Another lovely entry. I'm glad you joined once more!

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.