Thursday 27 December 2012

All Good Things Come to an End ...

I guess it's over! All good things come to an end. That is at least what I heard. I'm not sure right now whether to tell it, but ... I might not even have heard it, but ... well ... you know ... again ... there is this song of that ... eh ... person and ... at least she sang it. There was also something about dogs barking at the new moon, but I didn't get that quite well. Maybe I'm not the smartest kind of person. 
Anyhow, the year 2012 is drawing to it's end. Was it a good one? That depends on any persons self. You ought to know it for yourself. With 2012 being over, this will pose a few challenges ... hm ... the first few days or even weeks of the year I have to focus on writing 2013 instead of 2012. Then it will be winter still as well and the coldest months might still be ahead.
Well, then, let's say it as it is: All good things come to an end. This will be the last you are hearing from me ...
However, before that is going to happen, have a brief look at the (somehow) most viewed posts of my blog in 2012:

On rank number 5 we find TMC - Tipsy Mint Cookies. Those greenish shimmering cookies had a really short life. They definitely have come to their end as well.



Next on number 4 is Rocket, Ricotta and Chocolate ... Triple Feature Random Recipe. In fact it was more then just a recipe. As the title suggest it were three. That was really a dangerous time for a lot of chocolate was involved here. On the positive side - if you want to call it that way - there was at least also some salad involved.



We are coming to number 3. Challenge warm up à la française ... escalope de porc aux champignons brought us to some French cooking. Even with seeing that now, I get hungry again, which in fact I shouldn't, because I just had something to eat. Well, it looked slightly similar.



We are heading for number 2 with some Leftover Risotto. That was relly a good way to use some leftover risotto, although you could as well use plain rice. I wrote about this at a very nice time of the year, in May. Thinking about that, I long for warmer weather.



Finally we come to number 1 and our all time favourite: Pass me that chorizo ... eh ... we are having a chorizo stew. Somehow it must have been someone else's favourite as well. Chorizo works!



As I said: All good things come to an end and so does our top 5 for the year 2012. Talking about that, which one was your favourite post for 2012 on my blog? Just let me know!
Now, this was the last you heard from me ... for the year 2012. 
See you next year then ...

7 comments:

  1. YOU little tease Chris! I was all worried then before I read the last sentence!! I LOVE all you do on your blog and a VERY Happy New Year to you! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tipsy mint cookies sound so, so good!!

    Cheers to a great year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scared me ... I thought you were shutting down! Here's to a happy 2013 :-)

    (I liked your bread post from not too long ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped over to wish you a very happy New Year! Love Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that was mean Chris, you had me worried!

    Glad to see the ricotta brownie made it into the top five ;-) Wishing you and your blog a highly successful 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! I hope I can make it back on track soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great selection of recipes...I think I'd go for the tipsy mint cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.