Friday, 22 June 2012

Pizza and DVD

The sun is shining ... probably somewhere else!
Although it is quite early in the morning, the sun shouldn't have any problems with shining here as well. After all it's supposed to be summer. No worries!
Whatsoever, this should not deter me from doing ... things!
Well, sometimes I have a craving for pizza. Some have it even for breakfast. It's possible. But I wouldn't think about it in the moment. I have no pizza ready and doing from scratch would involve some time - time I don't have in the morning. I need my breakfast, when I get up.
I just like to tell you a bit about pizza. I have made pizza before, but when I got hold of Jamie Oliver's book The naked Chef, things changed completely in that department. From that on I really love making pizza at home and completely reject to buy frozen pizza.
Some things, that helped to improve:
1. the usage of strong baking flour together with semolina for the dough
2. a damp cloth over the dough for rising
3. have patience for the rising - over an hour
4. don't have to much as a topping on your pizza 
5. using mozzarella cheese on pizza
6. bake the pizza at full vac at  the bottom position in your oven
Just a few thoughts in that regard.
A simple pizza after baking topped with some Parma ham, speck, or something that way and with rocket leaves. Finished with a drizzle of lemon and some olive oil.


Cut to pieces ...


If you like, or have too much dough, easily you can turn things into something else, like focaccia.


So far concerning pizza. What about the DVD in the blog title? It just sprang to my mind.
DVD is the abbreviation for Digital Versatile Disc. I had to do with those lately a lot at work and most probably will have today as well.
However, it has little to do with what else I like to write about, apart from the word "Versatile". I have been nominated for "The Versatile Blogger" award by Ashlee from ABpetite. What shall I say? Did I just blush? Oh, anyway. A big thank you goes to Ashlee and of course to all those who spare some time to stop by and have a read of those things that stream from my mind and out of my kitchen.



Here are the rules of this award:  
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.  
2. Include a link to their site.  
3. Include the award image to your post.  
4. Include the award image on your blog.  
5. Give 7 random facts about yourself.  
6. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
7. When nominating other bloggers, include links to their sites.  
8. Let those bloggers know they have been nominated.

Well, I guess then, it's time to tell you some random facts about me.
1. I like to get up early in the morning.
2. If it would be possible, I would move to a different place every three years.
3. I'm not living by the sea, although I would love to.
4. I have to force myself every week to the gym (any suggestions for more fun exercise?)
5. Yes, the dog is allowed to sleep in the bed.
6. I would rather work instead of using the car, but walking 40 km to work every day would be too much.
7. A day without cooking is somehow hard.

I tell you, this post is going to be the "list"-post, for now comes the list of the 15 bloggers I nominate. The order is completely random and is no ranking. I just nominate them as they come to my mind.

Here we go:

I have enjoyed reading from those blogs. There are so many many many, yes, many good and cool blogs out there. You are all doing a good job, a very good one. So have a look!

6 comments:

  1. Chris,
    That's a really lovely gesture. Thank you very much and great to see so many other fantastic blogs on your list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, Jacqueline. I thought that as well - I mean the point with the fantastic blogs. :-)

      Delete
  2. I do agree that "a day without cooking is hard", sad, too. Lovely pizzas! Thanks for sharing the award, Chris. More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's always nice to get feedback.
      Of course, it is a wonderful thing if someone else does some very nice cooking for you. :-)

      Delete
  3. The author has shared the recipe on making Pizza in this post. Good one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! The way you have posted is superb. I would love to read all your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.