Saturday 11 February 2012

Cookie mania

Lately I flipped through the pages of one of the latest issues of the Jamie Oliver Magazine. There are always nice recipes inside. So I ended up trying a recipe for cookies with cranberries and white chocolate. The result was very delicious. However, within two days all the cookies were gone again.
Well - I took time and started making cookies again today. I followed the same recipe again. But this time I also felt a bit like experimenting and did additionally two other kinds of cookies:
First 100 g of butter mixed toegther with 85 g of caster sugar. This was the beginning, like in the recipe for the cranberry cookies. But now I added lemon zest and pieces of almond. Then some baking powder and some starch and finally flour until I got a nice dough.
The third kind of cookies were a bit more - hm, strange. It were going to be ginger-chilli cookies with chocolate chunks. Therefore I put some chopped fresh ginger and chilli in and pieces of dark chocolate. Apart from the flour, the starch, and baking powder I added also a few spoons of rolled oats.
However before you can start baking the cookies, you need to wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for an hour. Then you cut the dough in 1 cm thick slices and bake them for 15 minutes at 180°C.



Well, the cranberry cookies taste fantastic - really. The almond-lemon cookies are also fine, however, a certain extra crunch is missing. About the ginger-chilli-chocolate cookies - ok - you have to like ginger and chillies ... if you don't try, you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.